- Why to Use Forms?
- WordPress Form Builder Features
- JetFormBuilder Essentials
- JetFormBuilder FREE Features
- JetFormBuilder PRO Addons
- How to Install JetFormBuilder
But you feel like something is missing. Right, it’s a contact form.
Many developers decide to add it in the first plays just not to forget and not to be ashamed of missing this form of communication. Many site visitors can’t accept the idea of calling your customer support or waste time on live chat, so for them, it is easier to fill out three fields in the form. So, download the relevant plugin, add fields, and here you are.
It’s not a problem when you only need a contact form for Gutenberg. Yet, manifold forms do not end on contact form alone. There are plenty of them — subscribe, register, booking, profile, and each serves a specific purpose. To add them, you will need to install several addons that will affect your website loading speed much.
In this case, JetFormBuilder is a solution. It’s a game-changing plugin, and we will reveal why it is the best form builder WordPress plugin. But first, let’s look at some form builder essentials.
Why to Use Forms?
Feedback forms are convenient communication tools that allow visitors to quickly send messages. In most cases, contact forms are used to send orders, product range questions, callback requests, inquiries, and feedback. Using feedback forms is intuitive for users of all ages — to send a message, you only need to fill in several fields and click on the “Send” button.
Protection from spam
Besides that, the forms have some other benefits. For example, you can protect corporate mail from spam by using feedback forms on the site. The undeniable plus of contact forms is the ability to hide the final webmaster’s email and protect it from spam.
Why is it important? The base of emails for marketing purposes is replenished with spambots — specialized programs engaged in the constant search of emails on all available Internet platforms. Corporate mail caught in the spam database has to be cleared daily of unwanted messages. In some cases, it may be necessary to change the email, which can cause the loss of some customers who have only old email as a contact.
So, the feedback form allows you to isolate a mailbox from spam without sacrificing a channel for communicating with customers. Protection of the form from spambots is based on the use of reCAPTCHA, a short automated test that must be passed before sending a message.
Creating a site with unique content and convenient navigation may not bring the desired results if a limited number of tools are offered to the user to communicate with the company. The need to call the manager by phone or send a letter from your own email may not make the best impression on busy customers who value each minute of their working time.
Optimized convenient forms of communication allow the new customer to obtain the necessary details in simplified ways with fewer iterations and decide on further cooperation. On the other hand, webmasters acquire up-to-date statistics on the popularity of certain products, changes in demand, and shortcomings of the information published on the site.
Forms on the dark side
Despite the obvious advantages of online feedback forms, their use is not always appropriate: unexpected pop-up windows can prevent you from reading information on the page or viewing the catalog of goods to the end. Extra contact forms annoy the visitors and significantly reduce the number of users who have performed any targeted actions on the site (ordering goods, buying, posting feedback, etc.).
No doubt, forms are the main tool for lead generation, no matter whether it is a subscription form, contact, or register one. To save time and money, companies try to get as much information as possible from the user immediately and to do a slime in any way. The forms grow to a gigantic size, become more complicated, and conversion specialists start to boil over. No one likes forms. The reasons are different: someone is too lazy to fill a bunch of fields, someone is worried about the safety of their data and is afraid that they will be buried under the spam. In short, you can offer a great product at a good price and spend huge budgets on promotion. But what is the point if your forms are rubbish?
Effective form builder for WordPress can solve at least a part of your problems. But how to choose the right one and what to look for? Let’s figure it out.
WordPress Form Builder Features
At its most basic, plugins for creating a contact form for Gutenberg provide a minimal set of design tools and necessary fields. It’s okay when you just need to keep in touch with your visitors. At the same time, the market is full of advanced solutions, so why not look through the list of the features it should have? It will give you flexibility and the possibility to build more advanced forms:
- variable forms — building custom forms with multiple fields, multi-step forms with calculated content and other options, etc.
- visual builder — a convenient tool to arrange the form fields easily;
- conditional logic — allows you to show/hide some elements — fields, sections, buttons, etc., based on the visibility rules you set for the users;
- custom messages — communication system that allows your customers to know the form is submitted successfully;
- frontend submission — gives the possibility to upload files right during filling out the form;
- responsiveness — vital feature, because the usage of smartphones for various purposes grows;
- spam protection — in the first place, forms are made to protect the mailbox from spam; yet, you can adjust reCAPTCHA verification and get even more protection. You can never be too careful.
All these things you can find in JetFormBuilder, the hero of today’s story.
JetFormBuilder is a multi-functional addon for designing, editing, and styling not only contact form for Gutenberg but any you can even imagine. You can build a completely operative form within one interface without applying any additional WordPress form builder.
JetFormBuilder changes the process of building forms with its variety of field blocks that can be arranged according to your needs. If you add the power of JetStyleManager, you will be able to style each and every form element and transform contact form for Gutenberg into something rocking.
But enough for sweet talk, let’s see what JetFormBuilder is capable of.
JetFormBuilder FREE Features
JetFormBuilder comes in two variations, and the first one is a free WordPress form builder.
The features list is so wide, so it can be the only option you might choose. Let’s look at them in more detail:
- Variety of fields types — inside JetFormBuilder, you will find 19 field types (and their number is constantly being replenished): Select, Radio, Checkboxes, Text, Text area, Hidden, Calculated, Number, Date, DateTime, Time, Media, WYSIWYG, Range, Heading, Repeater, Form break, Group break, Submit. Mix them, create the required combination and design the unique form layout.
- Post submit actions — there are 11 available actions you may select to be performed when the visitor submits the form. It includes basic post submit actions you might already know, like Send Email, Register User, Update User, Insert/Update Post, etc. Also, it includes advanced ones, like MailChimp, ActiveCampaign options, Redirect to Page, Call Hook/Webhook, and others.
- Conditional logic — configure the visibility rules for your form fields. Using the necessary block, you can decide when to show or hide a particular element or section. Here you can also set up the Post Submit Actions and choose the conditions that will allow the actions to be performed or vice versa.
- Multi-step form — self-explanatory, create multi-steps form, using Form Break block, assign Progress Bar to indicate the stage on which the user is located.
- Calculated content — provides extra functionality for the forms and gives the possibility to create forms with the content that needs to be calculated, performing both basic and complex calculations.
- Repeater field — simplifies the life by giving a possibility to add and remove a repeatable group of entered items. With this field, you can add as many groups of fields as you need. It is a nice tool for displaying custom data dynamically and effortlessly.
- Hidden fields — allows you to hide system fields (or any form fields) from the users’ sight on the frontend.
- Custom field styles — Gutenberg is not about pretty much styling, yet, Crocoblock found the solution. They created JetStyleManager to go up against the limitless Gutenberg styling options. So, with it, you can style form fields, fine-tune text, description, content label, etc.
- Payment methods integration — JetFormBuilder allows accepting all types of payments securely. You can link any form to PayPal, Stripe, WooCommerce checkout.
- User-friendly visual builder — flawless integration with Gutenberg allows creating forms and seeing what you get on the frontend. All the field types are gathered in the JetForm Fields section; also, you can add any content to diversify the layout, like headings or images.
Some other useful features of JetFormBuilder:
- Field Value Generator Function to generate the field values dynamically;
- Editable post-submit messages — use the ready-made ones or enter the custom text;
- Spam protection — integrate Google reCAPTCHA and stay secured;
- File uploads — allow the visitors to attach files to the forms; you can set the conditions to define which users will be enabled to do this;
- Form submit type — standard page reload and AJAX are available;
- Input mask — choose numeric, alphabetical, or alphanumeric;
- Form validation — allows to check the entered data and decide whether to let the users submit the form.
Also, Crocoblock announced that they are developing the much-anticipated form templates. Looking forward to this update.
JetFormBuilder PRO Addons
Despite JetFormBuilder being the free WordPress form builder, PRO Addons are paid. It is a set of tools you can add extra to upgrade your forms. JetFormBuilder functions without them freely; yet, this pack is great in terms of expanding the ordinary forms.
These addons are divided into several categories for better convenience. The first is about form features — everything for improving the user experience. Here you will find fields autocompletion, multistep long-forms, saving the entered data in case a page is reloaded.
So, the addons are:
- Save Form Progress — if something interrupts the form filling process, this addon guarantees that the form progress and inputted data will be saved.
- Address Autocomplete — the field suggests up to 5 suitable addresses for you to choose from.
- Limit Form Responses — with this addon, you can control the number of submissions per user, so set the limits or remove them.
- Select Field Autocomplete — self-explanatory; with this addon, Select field type is auto-filled with values dynamically.
- Schedule Forms — define the time when the form will be available; offers the possibility to display/hide a form on a specific day, time interval, and specify an exact time.
JetFormBuilder also provides addons for email marketing that simplifies collecting and managing users’ data:
- MailerLite Action — for developing email marketing campaigns;
- MailPoet — expand your mailing list by creating stylish subscription forms;
- ConvertKit — increases income from mailing lists and provides higher audience reach.
Apart from that, JetFormBuilder can improve your email campaign performance by automating it and managing subscribers with Moosend addon.
You can also generate leads and create a convenient database to process the data, using HubSpot inside JetFormBuilder. Change the existing contacts, add new subscribers, and process information smoothly.
Last but not least, you can choose the payment system within JetFormBuilder. In addition to PayPal, you can use Stripe Payments addon to integrate secure transactions and your forms for eCommerce.
JetFormBuilder is compatible with JetEngine, so you can custom fields and taxonomies with JetEngine, add them easily to form fields, and generate the field values, using dynamic settings.
With the help of JetStyleManager, you can style the elements of your form and customize Gutenberg blocks.
Also, Crocoblock announces that more third-party integrations are under development.
How to Install JetFormBuilder
You can opt for one of three different methods of installation: from the plugins dashboard in WP admin, download the archive and upload it from PC, and manually in the file system. Choose the most suitable one and check the step-by-step JetFormBuilder installation guide.
- REST API WordPress Plugin — JetEngine by Crocoblock: Why Do You Need It?
- Top 35 WordPress Plugins for Digital Marketing
- 100 Best WordPress Plugins Used by the 15 Top WordPress Blogs
The post Contact Form for Gutenberg — JetFormBuilder by Crocoblock [Overview] appeared first on MonsterPost.