In this article, we suggest you get acquainted with the free editor of web languages – CodeLobster IDE. It is presented on the software market for a long time already, and it wins a lot of fans.
The program includes an auto-completion function, which greatly speeds up the programmer’s work and eliminates the possibility of errors.
The built-in PHP debugger allows you to execute PHP scripts step by step, sequentially moving through the lines of code. You can assign checkpoints, view the process of the work of loops, and monitor the values of all variables during the execution of the script.
Other useful functions and features of the IDE:
- A pair highlighting of parentheses and tags – you will never have to count parentheses or quotation marks, the editor will take care of it.
- Highlighting of blocks, selection and collapsing of code snippets, bookmarks to facilitate navigation on the edited file, recognition and building of the complete structure of PHP projects – these functions ensure easy work with projects of any scale.
- Support for 17 user interface languages, among them English, German, Russian, Spanish, French, and others.
- The program works on the following operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS, Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora, and Debian.
The professional version of CodeLobster IDE provides the programmer with even more features.
For example, you have an opportunity to work with projects on a remote server with the use of the built-in FTP client. You can edit the selected files, preview the results and then synchronize the changes with the files on the hosting.
In addition, the professional version includes an extensive set of plug-ins:
- A large set of extensions that help to work with PHP frameworks – CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Laravel, Phalcon, Smarty, Symfony, Twig, and Yii plug-ins.
- Plugins for working with the most popular CMS – Drupal, Joomla, Magento, and WordPress.
- Also, CodeLobster IDE has a special plug-in for Bootstrap.
We can download and install any framework directly from the program without being distracted from the main tasks.
In general, for a year of work, our team had no complaints against the editor. CodeLobster IDE works fast, does not hang, and allows us to work even with large PHP projects.
You can download CodeLobster IDE from the original website.
Codelobster IDE FAQ
Yes, CodeLobster IDE is completely free to use for all users. There are no hidden costs or subscription fees.
CodeLobster IDE supports Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems.
CodeLobster IDE provides advanced features such as code highlighting, autocomplete, debugging, syntax checking, code folding, and code formatting to help developers code more efficiently.
Yes, CodeLobster IDE allows you to customize the interface, code highlighting, and other settings according to your preferences.