(This is a sponsored post.)
Ten years! That’s a huge milestone for a project, especially one that had a pretty simple goal in mind from the start: give self-hosted WordPress sites many of the same features and functionality enjoyed by hosted WordPress.com sites.
It’s a great story. The Automattic team responsible for driving social activity in WordPress sees Jetpack as a way to expand and unify social activity across all WordPress sites, and winds up paving the way for a product that today helps more than 5 million sites with everything from security and performance to backups and integrations.
And what has Jetpack accomplished in those 10 years and 5 million sites? The numbers are staggering:
- 122 billion blocked malicious login attempts.
9,330,623 of those on CSS-Tricks, as we write.
- 269 million site backups.
Last backup of CSS-Tricks: 3 minutes ago, as we write.
- 24 trillion images served by Jetpack CDN.
Incredibly, a free feature of Jetpack.
- 61.6 billion site searches.
Try site search on this site, the latest release has really nice UI & UX improvements, like seeing the post thumbnail.
- 50 billion related posts displayed. Related posts plugins are notoriously heavy on the server, but not when you let Jetpack do it!
- 1.6 trillion tracked page views. Those are the numbers at work here with WordPress being some 40% of the web.
- 2.6 billion shared social posts.
The @css Twitter account runs itself thanks to Jetpack.
And you know CSS-Tricks is represented in those figures. Jetpack powers our search. We use it for real-time backups and downtime monitoring. It’s what helps us push content to Twitter and display related posts. We use its CDN. We even use a bunch of blocks it includes when we’re writing posts like this. We love Jetpack.
The Jetpack team launched a site celebrating 10 years. And, hey, for a super limited time, you can get 40% off the entire first year of any Jetpack plan.
Direct Link to Article — Permalink
The post Jetpack Turns 10! appeared first on CSS-Tricks.
You can support CSS-Tricks by being an MVP Supporter.